Monday, December 24, 2007

Tailored advertizing?

For all the hype about tailored advertising on the net, I don’t remember the last time I got an ad for anything I would be interested in buying. True, I don’t buy online much because I need to handle most of the things I buy to make sure that it’s really what I want.

I’ve also found that most cost savings from buying online are eaten up by shipping charges, so I can support local merchants and get the product in my hand RIGHT NOW instead of 3 days to a week later.

I know that antidotal evidence is always suspect because its such a small sample, but since I retired I spend a lot of time reading and researching online. I should be getting at least some targeted adds. I can’t remember ever getting any thing but the regular spam.

No comments: