Saturday, December 25, 2010

True Grit

I enjoyed the “original” with John Wayne. I just saw the remake with Jeff Bridges and was blown away!

I’ve always thought Bridges was a much better actor than he was ever given credit for and his Oscar wining performance in Crazy Heart proved it. Well he’s back and even better in True Grit.

Everything I’ve read about the move claims that it’s more true to the book. Not having read the book I can’t say. What I can say is that Bridges is terrific. Matt Damon shows a dimension that only The Departed tapped before. I expect him to show a much greater range of acting skill as he is tapped for more demanding parts. Newcomer Hailee Steinfeld is outstanding as Mattie and delivers a dimension to the character that was missing in the original movie version.

Put this on your “do not miss” list. Worth every penny of the admission!

No comments: